London, United Kingdom
- Write, edit, and coordinate architectural specifications and related documents
- including master specifications.
- Prepare outline specifications for design development phase; assemble project
- manuals for construction documents phase; and prepare addenda during bidding
- This position will share responsibility for maintenance of a technical resources
- library and research of methods, materials, and systems.
- Must be able to coordinate, oversee, and review specification writing by other
- Participate in project design development, providing knowledge about sustainable
- product and material possibilities.
- Incorporate LEED and sustainable design philosophy into the company’s master
- specifications, and work with individual project teams to select materials and products
- that support this design philosophy.
- Stay current on green architectural materials and products, and assist product
- librarian in keeping vendor binders current.
- A thorough knowledge of the AIA MASTER SPECS and CSI Manual of Practice
- Current with Green materials and LEED
- 10+ years of experience writing specifications for the architectural profession and
- the construction industry.
- LEED accreditation – preferable.
- Candidate will be skilled in AIA Master Spec software.
- Auto CAD / Revit
- MS Office (Excel – Word).
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS) – preferable.
- A licensed architect and member of CSI – preferable.